CNU Initiatives at CNU 20
CNU’s initiatives advance bipartisan reforms that deliver market-based improvements to the economy, the environment and public health. Initiatives work to remove codes, standards, and financial and tax incentives that act as obstacles to the creation of vibrant, healthy, value-driven and better-performing live/work/walk districts.
Initiatives are member-led, so CNU members can share expertise and shape new ideas. At CNU 20, there are several ways to get connected with current CNU initiatives – and perhaps start your own.
See below for meeting times on sessions and meetings on CNU initiatives at the upcoming Congress:
- Initiative Meeting: Friday, May 12, 12:30 PM to 1:45 PM, Meeting Room 2 DEF.
- Discussion leaders include: Marcy McInelly, Norman Garrick, and Scott Polikov.
- Urban Freeways Panel: Friday, May 11, 10:45 AM to 12:00 PM, Ballroom B.
- Panelists include: John Norquist, Mayor John DeStefano, Jr., Tony Garcia, and Alison Richardson.
- 202 A CNU/ITE Recommended Practice: Wednesday, May 9, 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM Meeting Room 1 D.
- Speakers include: Norman Garrick and Eric Dumbaugh.
- Open Source: Friday, May 11, 2:00 PM – 3:15 PM
- Initiative Meeting: Saturday, May 12, 12:30 PM to 1:45 PM, Meeting Room 2 ABC
- Discussion leaders include: John Norquist, David Green, Christopher Coes
- Open Source: Thursday, May 10, 10:45 AM to 12:00 PM
- Open Source: Friday, May 11, 2:00 PM to 3:15 PM
- Open Source: Saturday. May 12, 3:45 PM to 5:00 PM
- Discussion leaders include: Charles Green, David Green, Brett van Akkeren, and Joanna Lombard.
- 202 C Sprawl Retrofit: Wednesday, May 9, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, Meeting Room 1 E
- Salon: Friday, May 11, 2012, 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Initiative Meeting: Sat., May 12, 12:30 PM, Ballroom A
- Discussion leaders include: Ellen Dunham Jones, Galina Tahchieva, Michael Mehaffy, Karja Hansen, Rob Sharp, and John Anderson.
- Rainwater-In-Context Speed Presentation: Saturday, May 12, 10:45 AM to 12:00 PM, Ballroom B
- Initiative Meeting: May 12, 12:30 PM to 1:45 PM, Ballroom B
- Participants include: Steve Coyle, Paul Crabtree, Dao Doan, Jonathan Ford, Tom Low, Lisa Nisenson, Lynn Richards, Kent Schwendy, Brian Teague
Emerging Initiative: Agrarian Urbanism
- Open Source: Friday, May 11, 10:45 PM to 12:00 PM
- Discussion leaders include: Ben Brown and Andres Duany.
Don’t see the issue that makes you passionate about New Urbanism? Consider proposing an Open Source session to gain the critical mass needed to launch an initiative.